Friday, August 26, 2011

My Homeschool Mother's Journal

August 26th, 2011     
The Homeschool Mother's Journal
In My Life This Week.......Life has moved quite quickly this week.  My youngest son joined a local football team and is now one of the newest players on The Lighthouse Christian Chargers.  We are traveling about 45 minutes to practice each night, and practice is from 5-8:30.  We have been arriving around 4:30 to make sure he has time to meet the boys and pass the ball a bit before practice.  I've also kicked into gear and been working out better this week.  No more slacking off for me.  So today my body is tender. ;) In a good way, it hurts enough to make me feel good about what I'm doing and it makes me get up and feel tight, so that if I don't work out I feel it worse.  The workout helps me stretch those tight muscles out and feel better.  Now if I could just get a grip on not drinking soda. I have slowed down I only have it a couple times a week now but still I know its not good for me.

In Our Homeschool This Week........We started off amazing and then we've tried to squeeze in this football thing and I'm noticing that I'm going to need to redo a few things and plan on doing a couple subjects on the road.  So Math is going well.  I'm enjoying the Math Mammoth, I also had a friend recommend the Life of Fred and I think I'm going to try it soon.  And another friend just happen to have the "Life of Fred Pre-Algebra 1 with Biology" that she loaned me.  Its not where I want to start my boys but it is nice to be able to get a good look into the material.  We are all still loving History.  We didn't get to any of our lapbook this week.  The house had suffered because of the football and I couldn't pull out sissors and glue projects with a Happy Heart so I just skipped the lapbook and took off on some extra Story of the World.  With that said I realized I now need the cds because I could get the story of the world out during our travel time to practice!!!  I also intend to pick up some sort of Foreign Language cds.(if you have any ideas please pass them my way).  With this Football team we will be traveling to Kansas and OK for a few of the games.  So that time in the car could be used wisely.   Language Arts I still need to start. LOL  I haven't gotten everything for this subject yet.  I'm still on the fence about what I want to do for sure.  But that's okay we are reading loads and Summarizing what we are reading which is better than nothing in my book.  We also started some Copy Work for handwriting.  I found a few downloadable things on Currclick that went alone with our history for copy work.  It's quick and simple and they fly through it but hopefully they are noticing the grammar and the punctuation too. 

Places Were Going and People We Might See.......Practice Practice Practice.  LOL  Two of my kids went to help dad this week.  We will be catching up on their school on Saturday.  And The rest of us have planned a day with friends today.  We are doing the Library, the YMCA, the tedious errands, and then tonight PRACTICE and a PEP RALLY!!!!!! Really excited about the pep rally.  Our son gets to see first hand how much fun Football is Off the field as well.  I will try to take loads of pix.

My Favorite Things this Week......This might sound weird but One of my Favorites is My workouts.  Mainly because I feel like I'm defeating that little voice that says, "You can do it LATER!"  It makes me feel strong and healthy, plus it gives me determination to keep going.  I do a lot of self talk while I'm working out.  Ok my other favorite was this.  Since Dad took two kids to work I've got to enjoy the other two. And my son that is taking football is a major Daddy's boy so I've had the priveledge to get in there and be the one whom he talks to more this week (hope that makes sense)  Anyhow, so we've discussed and he's been grateful more than once and said to me, "Thanks Mom for taking me to practice!"  Aww it's so nice to be thanked by your children!   Football has been Busy but it's also a blessing because I'm forced away from the things I have been so busy with so our focus is more on them.  The way it should be!  I know another lesson for me in this life....So the last thing I'm saying was my favorite, can you tell I will never be able to just pick one hehe, last thing again has to do with football and my son.  He said to me, "Mom, you know what I like about this team?  I like that when you line up on the line of scrimmage you don't here kids cussing and being rude! This team is Different!   Ahh sweet sweet music to my ears he desires to be different from the world.  I'm grateful he is recognizing things and our teaching in our family is paying off.  He truely likes this team because it feels comfortable.  I'm proud of him.  LOVEING HOMESCHOOLING and the families I'm meeting along the way.  Thanks to all you whom I'm in contact with who are helping me by being our friends!!! I LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!!!  OH ONE MORE THING  hehe!  I'm grateful my Oldest spent some amazing one on one with Dad Golfing this week.  His confidence Soared!!!!

Things I'm Working On.........Okay so as I said before it's definitely the soda, and this week I'm adding reorganizing my scheduale to fit in this new Football Venture.

I'm Reading.........Yeah Right!  Not reading this week.  I barely have time to get the laundry done and get this typed up between everything else.  but I will work on getting it scheduled in soon, so stay tuned

My Personal Scripture Study........Going great.  Continuing to grow and learn.

I'm Grateful for.....Everyone of my Favorite things this week (see above My FAVORITE things this week) 

I'm Praying for......Personal strength physically and spiritually!




No comments:

Post a Comment