Monday, August 8, 2011

Another quick post this time about SCRIPTURE STUDY

My Scripture study has been going amazing lately.  I'm learning so much and feeling the spirit as I study and ponder things that I had never understood before.  This is what I've done so far.  Each evening before I go to bed I pull out three things.  My Scriptures, My Book of Mormon institute manual, and My Scripture journal. 
 I start by reading the chapter that our family will be on the next morning for Family Scripture study, then after I'm finished with the chapter I move onto reading about what I just read in my Institute manual.  I love the institute manual and the breakdown it gives.  So far I've learned something new from every chapter and I seem to look for things I don't quit understand yet so I can hopefully gain understanding before I write in my journal.  Then I move on to my journal.  Sometimes I'm just in AWWW and I just write my feelings.  Others I write what I just learned. And sometimes I write serious inquiries like, How is it that Nephi always had such unwavering faith and Lamen and Lemual always bucked the system?  What made them so different yet from the same upbringing and how can I assure my children will turn out like Nephi instead of Lamen and Lemual?  eeks.  

Anyway I mentioned in my Homeschool Mother's Journal entry last week that I had a great time with the Activity Day Girls Decorating and discussing the importance of Scripture Journals.  During my research for teaching them I found a Website by "The Redheaded Hostess"  She has a section Called "Doctrinal Spouse Study"  And she's even made websites to go with.  She is LDS so for my non LDS friends sorry but for those of you whom share my beliefs it might be something you are interested in beginning with your spouse.  I've noticed through my study my BEST FRIEND aka HUSBAND has been enjoying my scripture study as well.  He's only fallen asleep to me reading a couple of time  :)  he can't help it, after working so very hard each day. 

So if interested go visit her blog and let me know what you think of it.  




TT4N!


No comments:

Post a Comment