Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Homeschool Mothers Journal

 September 1st, 2011
The Homeschool Mother's Journal
In My Life This Week.......I have had a sluggish week, with a feeling of being unorganized  and in a fog.  I have not been able to pin point just one area that has caused this but a few different things.  It's been a tough week.

In Our Homeschool This Week........We haven't done anything new, we have continued on the path we started on and I think this is one of the problems with my week.  We need to adjust our schedule to our needs.  

Places Were Going and People We Might See.......Skyler plays his first game tomorrow night and so we will be traveling to Oklahoma tomorrow, it being the holiday weekend I hope we are just going to relax at home.  But we shall see what the weekend provides. 

My Favorite Things this Week......Were some of the things my kids said.  My youngest was doing math and having some problems.  And as I was explaining it to her, she finally got it by saying, "Well, WAG MY TAIL"  I laughed so hard, it was hilarious.  And another thing that has lit up my life this week is after every practice my son gets my attention and says in front of his brother and sisters, "Thanks mom for taking me to practice!"  I have to be prepared on football night and one night I forgot to make us dinner to take with us so we waited to eat until we got home at 9:30pm.  The next night I was way prepared and he said, "Mom, thanks for taking me to practice and being so prepared!"  Melted my heart knowing he's taking time each night to be grateful for me.  Another favorite this week was taking some time for myself by reading.  I will admit I threw my hands up a few times this week as things just felt overwhelming and by picking up a couple books have helped me. 

Things I'm Working On.........I'm still including soda!  It's still haunting my life.  It's such a hard habit to break.  And continuing to try and figure out the right schedule for our family.  ;)

I'm Reading.........Finally I have read this week.  In the car we have listened to the Anne of Avonlea book and Anne of the Island audio book.  It's been fun and then I started listening to Pride and Prejudice, however the kids are not as interested in this one.  hehe  At the long football practices I'm reading the Help!  and enjoying it as well. 

My Personal Scripture Study........Hasn't felt as full filling this week, like I said my mood has been blah this week.  I'm reading to start feeling good again and making some changes to help feel better. 

I'm Grateful for.....My kids and their strength and My husband giving me encouragement this week and always!
I'm Praying for......Personal strength physically and spiritually! And personal organizational help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment