Monday, July 25, 2011

My Homeschool Mother's Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In My Life This Week............I'm actually writing this late.  I've started a new week now.  But here is what happened last week.  My husband was out of town for most of it! :( I alwasy miss him so much when he's gone.  We started off by enjoying some time with friends, it was my daughters birthday so we went to the fountains in Springfield and played and splashed around.  Then later in DH and DS came home So we just hung out a bit and enjoyed some fun back in Spfd as a family.  Took the kids bowling and out to eat pizza.  Friday I was surprised with a Kayaking date.  Dh took me on a double date with our friends where we enjoyed a relaxing evening of kayaking.  Then Saturday we enjoyed A birthday party with friends and then a wonderful Full Family Baptism during the evening.  Sunday church and more friends coming over to spend time with us and now it's Monday. 

In Our Homeschool This Week.......I'm really just trying to get it all organized for the grand opening next week. August 1st I'm kicking it into full swing so we've gotten back on track with daily scriptures and chores and reading but other than that it's me getting it all in order for next Monday.  They of course are still in full critter mode.  My kids love to catch critters so they fill up buckets with little lizards, frogs, snakes, and grass hoppers.  Some for fishing some for just observing.

Places Were Going and People We've Seen.........This week we are not going many places, again due to me getting stuff organized for next week.  We do plan to hit the local swimming hole at the river to stay cool and break up our day a bit.


My Favorite Thing This Week.........was having my husband home and getting a long overdue date. We enjoyed hanging out with friends and I really am grateful my hubby took the initiative to take me out, it was very out of the blue and I loved every minute of it.


Things I'm Working On...............I'm working on my health.  Yep that's right. I've cut out soda for the most part, I had a little on Saturday but other than that I'm doing good.  I've also worked out via treadmill this past week and felt amazing afterwards.  A friend of mine is helping my stick to my goals and continue to meet them.  We update each other on a nightly basis via email to be accountable for each days doings.  It's been fun and invigorating!


I'm Reading.......................Plan BEE by Susan Brackney.  Our family has talked about starting some Bee Hives, so I'm researching the idea to see if I think we can handle it.  

My Personal Scripture Study......Okay so I decided to add this to my list because I've found this time of my day to be very interesting.  I'm currently reading "The Book of Mormon another Testament of Jesus Christ"  I'm not just reading it but taking a lot of time to study each chapter I'm reading so that I make sure I get the full meaning and message that I need in my life at this time.  I'm finding it very interesting and inspiring and it's helping me better teach my children in the mornings during our Family Scripture Study.  I'm using a manual that our church uses for our institute classes and it helps me take a different look at reading the scriptures.  I'm absolutely loving this time of my day now.  It's one of those things that I can't crawl into bed with out remembering to study.  

I'm Grateful For................Priesthood. The blessings it brings into my life by having my husband and sons hold sacred priesthood keys. For Heavenly Father continually blessing our lives by restoring such things in these Latter Days.  I'm also grateful for Eternal Families and the knowledge that we can live with our families after this life. 
 
I'm Praying For.................Personally..strength to overcome some challenges I've been facing lately. And always my family and the needs that seem to come up each week in different ways.
FOR OTHERS...........A few friends that are struggling in different areas at this time.

1 comment:

  1. Bee hives?! You are so brave!!! Go for it! Show me the Honey! :D

    ReplyDelete