Friday, July 11, 2014

THE HEAT IS ON...Bring on the Growth.

JULY 4th, 2014 

One Sunflower so far is beautifying my garden.  Look what amazing color it has.  LOVE IT!!!  

The pepper are really growing nicely.  I took these pix right before running off to a big 4th of July celebration with the family.  So I will update again soon with more detailed pix.  But for now this is it you can see the growth is wonderful in my opinion.  ;)

Cucumbers are double the size in this photo but they are looking amazing.  
 Chinese 5 Pepper is beautiful!!!!!!!

This picture doesn't do it justice.  I found a photo online of what it should look like.  I'm hoping mine eventually looks like this one I found on the internet......
 
Here is a link if you are interested in the plant...  http://www.rareseeds.com/chinese-5-color-pepper/


 

planted green beans in the place that I pulled sugar snap peas from.  

Green beans, Spaghetti Squash, zucchini, kale, acorn squash, and tomatoes. 


The Potatoes are taking off on another growth spurt.  I thought they had stopped but I'm going to have to add more straw.  We had a really good rain at the beginning of the week and they are blooming again.  
Yellow wax beans looking very pretty in the garden.  I can't wait to add these to my canning so that they decorate my shelves.  LOL it's not just about self sufficiency it's about making the pantry pretty too.  hehe.  I had a neighbor tell me my garden was a "Foo-Foo" garden!  Let it be.  

Learning more about asperagus I found a website that sounds like it might have some interesting information.

No comments:

Post a Comment