Tuesday, May 20, 2014

2013's The Begining of a Beautiful Garden!

We have worked tirelessly on our garden and the outcome is such a blessing.  Here are a few pix to show the progress. 



This is how we started.  February 2013.  I drew up a design on a piece of paper and showed my husband what I wanted.  As I recall he told me this would cost a lot of money to build!!!!!!!!  There was a lot of wood involved and the prices of lumber are not getting any cheaper.  I told him we could do it in stages a little bit at a time.  But he is my super man and loves me beyond description, so much that the next thing I knew he pulled into the yard with a trailer load of wood to make my garden dreams come true.

 
  I had already started my seedlings and now they would have a wonderful garden to be planted in.

Then in April we came across a great deal on a greenhouse.  With Aquaponics in mind we bought it and added it to a section of the garden.  LOVE IT!





In April I also started potatoes in cages.  This looked cool but I did something wrong because I didn't get the amount of potatoes I was expecting.  They looked cool though!  Oh and a wonderful garden gate for entrance to my garden and a fence to keep out the wildlife (for the most part)

 May brought on some awesome growth.  :)


June was a very busy month and somehow the garden thrived all the same without as much attention. 










  July brought on some carrots and other yummies!




August had a few more! 





September brought on an ABUNDANCE!  With canning of tomatoes and drying basil and blooming flowers.  Not to mention our favorite pepper jelly being canned.  Fun Fun FUN!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment